Role Call

A few weeks ago our Life Group teacher shared a lesson on what it means to "hear God's call" on your life. We hear people use the terms "God told me, or God is calling me" and I always wonder what that sounds like. I now understand that these sounds come from the heart, not the air.

God's call to me is ultimately to serve him by spreading the Good News in the role God chose for me, which is a wife. Although, that isn't my only job, it is the most important human relationship I will have. Let's look at Genesis 2:18 "Then the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." The word "helper" is translated into a Hebrew word 'ezer which is used in the Old Testament to describe only 3 people, God the Father, God the Holy Spirit, and woman. I'd say I'm in good company! What an honor to be grouped in with the most Holy God! A title of honor and worth! This is just proof that my role as my husband's helper is vital and the highest calling God has put on my life. This is not to be confused with being a slave to him or lesser than him. God calls us to come alongside our mate to help them, not in front of or behind-very important!

I value my role as a mother to my sweet baby girl, but I can't get lost in that being my only job. Although I love Sarabeth to pieces, I would be doing her an injustice by serving her first instead of God and then Matt. She will learn how to love and how God calls us to serve him in our roles by watching me serve her heavenly father and her earthly one. I have to understand that everything else in life gets ordered around that priority first.

I often get caught up in doing things the right way all the time and making sure I do enough for Sarabeth and teach her everyday and take time to spend with her alone, it's enough to make me crazy! I need to know that by honoring my 'Role Call' as a wife to my husband, that God will honor my time and give me those priceless moments with my daughter and everything else will fall into place.

Comments

Jes said…
Needed this ... thank you!!!
M & M said…
great post, April!
Cher said…
oh i love this!! It's great that you see all your priorities in their proper perspective! I think ALOT of women could learn alot from you. I'm going to be doing a post on a topic much like this soon. Thanks for displaying my button!!

Popular posts from this blog

Three

Garland Party