Blog Break and Trip to Grandma's

I have taken an unintentional break from blogging the past few weeks. I just haven't had the time to sit down and do it. Although I love posting pictures and funny stories about our family, spending quality time with them has been so much more important.

Sarabeth and I took a trip to Jacksonville, Texas earlier last month to visit my grandmother (my dad's mom). My dad flew in from Florida and we met him at my grandma Dollie's house where we spent the night. My sweet grandma has lung cancer and the doctors told her that she only has about 12 months left to live. It was such a precious time to see my dad and grandma with Sarabeth. She even played with some toys that my grandma had saved that I played with as a child at her house! My grandma loves to paint and she gave Sarabeth a sweet picture she painted of 3 little kittens. We hung it in her room above her bed and every morning she points to it and says "meow!" So sweet!


Four Generations!


I so enjoyed spending the day with them. I don't get to see my dad much and I haven't made time in the past to visit my grandma as much as I should. It is a shame that we start living more intentionally when we know we don't have much time left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog