MHR Friday
Here are Katy Lin's prompts/themes for MHR Friday this week: I picked #1 and #2.
Prompt/Theme for Friday, February 6, 2009 We have a couple of different options for this week: 1. Tell us about some of the things that you and your husband do to just have fun together!
2. Tell the story of a memory about your husband that brings you a smile and a giggle every time you think about it!
3. Give us your best, most creative Valentine's Day gifts (and yes, this one is a shameless way to use your creativity to help me come up with a Valentine's Day gift, lol!) Challenges: ~ Set an appointment with your hubby to have a "goals and dreams" talk as described in the first article. ~ If you already know some of your husbands goals and dreams, be intentional about encouraging him and helping him to reach them.
So...this week was a tough week for us (more on that in another post). There was a lot of tension and silent moments. Last night we decided Matt would make dinner, actually I decided and he agreed. After dinner I offered to make homemade chocolate chip cookies, only because I wanted one! Matt said he wanted to try his hand at making cookies so we ended up making them together. It was so much fun! We don't get together in the kitchen much but this time was really fun and it kind of broke the tension in the air.


Some of the other things we do to have fun is lay around in the floor and listen to music. This started in college and still today we'll put on some music and lay around in the floor and sing along and reminisce.
Most of you that know my husband personally, know how funny he can be. I've posted about his silliness before. Feel free to revisit some of the things we still laugh about till our stomach hurts!
My challenge this week is to have a goals weekend with Matt. We already talked about it earlier this week. We are planning a weekend soon where we can get away and just refocus and set some goals for ourselves as a couple and individually.
I am really enjoying posting about Matt every Friday. It's become something I look forward to and it makes me really see how much he does for me. Even in the bad times, I can find something good about my man! You Rock Babe!
Prompt/Theme for Friday, February 6, 2009 We have a couple of different options for this week: 1. Tell us about some of the things that you and your husband do to just have fun together!
2. Tell the story of a memory about your husband that brings you a smile and a giggle every time you think about it!
3. Give us your best, most creative Valentine's Day gifts (and yes, this one is a shameless way to use your creativity to help me come up with a Valentine's Day gift, lol!) Challenges: ~ Set an appointment with your hubby to have a "goals and dreams" talk as described in the first article. ~ If you already know some of your husbands goals and dreams, be intentional about encouraging him and helping him to reach them.
So...this week was a tough week for us (more on that in another post). There was a lot of tension and silent moments. Last night we decided Matt would make dinner, actually I decided and he agreed. After dinner I offered to make homemade chocolate chip cookies, only because I wanted one! Matt said he wanted to try his hand at making cookies so we ended up making them together. It was so much fun! We don't get together in the kitchen much but this time was really fun and it kind of broke the tension in the air.


Some of the other things we do to have fun is lay around in the floor and listen to music. This started in college and still today we'll put on some music and lay around in the floor and sing along and reminisce.
Most of you that know my husband personally, know how funny he can be. I've posted about his silliness before. Feel free to revisit some of the things we still laugh about till our stomach hurts!
My challenge this week is to have a goals weekend with Matt. We already talked about it earlier this week. We are planning a weekend soon where we can get away and just refocus and set some goals for ourselves as a couple and individually.
I am really enjoying posting about Matt every Friday. It's become something I look forward to and it makes me really see how much he does for me. Even in the bad times, I can find something good about my man! You Rock Babe!
Comments