MHR Friday!

I decided to use Katy Lin's prompt for MHR Friday this week. Check out her website and be a part of sharing how your husband rocks!

Tell us about a time that your spouse went out of his way to serve you, and love you sacrificially.

Matt honestly goes out of his way to serve me all the time, it's just in his nature. He knows I am an "acts of service" person and he tries really hard to serve me in that way. I don't remember the occasion but one morning after Matt woke up and got ready for the day, he decided to quietly slip out and take Sarabeth with him, leaving me to sleep in and enjoy the morning in peace and quiet. I'm not sure if has any idea how much that meant to me. I am not a morning person and after I had Sarabeth I just knew I would never sleep in again. Other ways Matt serves me is by going out of his way to clean the house. I made a comment one time about how it would be so nice if the toys just picked them selves up! The next morning when I woke up, they did! Thank you hubby!

Katy Lin also issued a challenge for us wives and I have decided to take it on. Here it is:

"Your mission, if you choose to accept it, has two parts. First, look for ways that you can serve your husband. These can be big or small, sometimes the things that seem so insignificant to us can make a big difference in making our husbands feel loved and respected. And second, if your husband asks you to do something for him, even if it seems silly, or like he could easily do it for himself, do it cheerfully and without an attitude of annoyance."

OK ladies, let's try this one out. I promise, you have no idea how these things bless our husbands. God has so specifically wired our men to thrive on us being their cheerleaders in life. Go the extra mile this week and show your man how much you think he ROCKS!

Comments

katylinvw said…
what a sweet, sweet man you have! :) thanks for passing along the challenge! reading it here i was like, wow - i should do that, lol! :)
Ashley Wells said…
How wonderful a husband!!!

I love to sleep in too!

-Ashley
How sweet! The love between you both shines through!
The Gallands said…
I am really trying to take the challenge! I am ashamed to say that just doing an MHR post sometimes is a challenge so adding another little something seems tough- But I'm really going to do it this week!

Popular posts from this blog