MHR Friday
What better way to start the year than to brag a little on my hubby.Today I asked Matt what he had planned for the day and he said "I'm just going to help you all day, whatever you need help with." Sweet! He cleaned the kitchen, and I mean he CLEANED it, I walked in and he was scrubbing the tops of the gas range. He had the whole thing apart cleaning every little piece. I can say I have NEVER done that! He has been really sweet the past few days, spending a lot of quality time with Sarabeth and me. We are trying to take advantage of the extra free time he has right now until he starts working again. Matt was let go from his job on Tuesday this week. We kind of knew before the holidays that there may be a small chance his company would be doing some downsizing before the first of the year, but we weren't sure that Matt would be part of that. It came as a surprise to me, but not to him. He sat me down at the kitchen table (the day after he found out) and I guessed what we were about to discuss. I took it well, as did he. We both feel like this is an opportunity for us to grow into our own business now. Matt has been preparing to start his own company for some time. He feels good about where God has him.
The most exciting thing about this whole situation is the way Matt reacted to the news, and the way we handled it as a couple. We have been in this situation before, however our marriage was in disarray. I remember how awful we both felt and how desperate we became, and we both continued to fall apart along with our relationship.
This time, we just relaxed knowing full well God had us safely in his hands. Life is so much different when you have a real relationship with the one that created you. We've worked as a team over the past few days, just brainstorming about how to adjust our lifestyle and what our next steps are. Matt is so reassuring to me. He knows my natural need to feel safe and secure and he stops at nothing to assure me, we will be fine.
Thank you Matt for working so hard at any task you have in front of you, whether it be a 12 hour day at work, a 5 minute talk to ease my mind, or a prayer to calm my spirit and protect our family. You are everything and more to me. You more than Rock!

Comments
I love you three. Mom