SAHM
I used to always see SAHM on chat boards or places like myspace and facebook and never really knew what it meant. It's always fun to try to interpret acronyms. Like SWF, Single White Female, I think they made a creepy movie about that. SAHM could stand for a lot of things but it stands for Stay At Home Mom, something I am starting to enjoy being.
I never thought I would have the opportunity to be at home and raise my kids. I always knew at some point I would have to go back to work. Matt and I really wanted to wait until we were out of debt to start a family so that I could stay home but that would be a long time!
Last night Matt and I were talking about things and we both just started getting weepy (sorry Matt) over the fact that somehow we are able to manage with me not working. It does NOT make sense on paper at all. God has worked it out in a way that we don't even understand, and we are thankful. We both have peaceful hearts about where God has us right now. Although some days are painfully tight, we make it. The joy I have experienced being home with SB has been priceless. I am able to watch her grow and learn and just be silly. I know not everyone has the opportunity to be a SAHM or the desire. I once thought that I would surely want to go back to work after I had kids and some days I think about a job outside of these walls! But, nothing can compare to the job I have taking care of our daughter. Paycheck or not, she's worth everything I'll ever have to do without and more.
Here we are playing dress up. Sarabeth loves to come in my room in the mornings when I'm getting ready for the day. She opens up my jewelery and goes to town. Its so funny how she knew to put the bracelets on her wrist! God designed us so well.



I used this hat box to make Sarabeth a dress up box and filled it with some fun beads and a boa along with some old dresses that didn't fit anymore. She thought it was more fun to get in the box. She's jumping around holding a bottle of baby laxatives! She loves to get into her changing table and run off with whatever is within reach.
I love these times!
I never thought I would have the opportunity to be at home and raise my kids. I always knew at some point I would have to go back to work. Matt and I really wanted to wait until we were out of debt to start a family so that I could stay home but that would be a long time!
Last night Matt and I were talking about things and we both just started getting weepy (sorry Matt) over the fact that somehow we are able to manage with me not working. It does NOT make sense on paper at all. God has worked it out in a way that we don't even understand, and we are thankful. We both have peaceful hearts about where God has us right now. Although some days are painfully tight, we make it. The joy I have experienced being home with SB has been priceless. I am able to watch her grow and learn and just be silly. I know not everyone has the opportunity to be a SAHM or the desire. I once thought that I would surely want to go back to work after I had kids and some days I think about a job outside of these walls! But, nothing can compare to the job I have taking care of our daughter. Paycheck or not, she's worth everything I'll ever have to do without and more.
Here we are playing dress up. Sarabeth loves to come in my room in the mornings when I'm getting ready for the day. She opens up my jewelery and goes to town. Its so funny how she knew to put the bracelets on her wrist! God designed us so well.



I used this hat box to make Sarabeth a dress up box and filled it with some fun beads and a boa along with some old dresses that didn't fit anymore. She thought it was more fun to get in the box. She's jumping around holding a bottle of baby laxatives! She loves to get into her changing table and run off with whatever is within reach. I love these times!
Comments