Tubes, Tonsils and The Park
Ok, so I'm having my tonsils out tomorrow (pray for my husband) so there will probably be no blog update for a while so I'm piling it on today! I'm sure no one will be too sad since the only person who reads this (my mom in law) will be here taking care of us for a week. On to the good stuff...
So after 6 ear infections, it was time. Sarabeth had tubes put in last week :( The surgery took all of 5 minutes. The prep part took longer! The hard part was not being able to feed miss priss when she woke up at 5:00am for our trip to the appointment. She did well considering I fed her at 11:00 pm the night before. She's usually up at 6:30 like clockwork ready for her morning cup of joe (or bottle). After about 2 hours of waiting the nurse came, grabbed her up and took her back. Matt left to get breakfast for us and before he got back, they were done! We waited in the recovery area for about an hour and Sarabeth finally went to sleep. When they first brought her to us she was still coming out of the anesthesia and was not a happy camper. Daddy did his magic and calmed her down. It was tough on our hearts, but she is doing well so far. Here are some fun pictures from our 4 hour adventure:



So after 6 ear infections, it was time. Sarabeth had tubes put in last week :( The surgery took all of 5 minutes. The prep part took longer! The hard part was not being able to feed miss priss when she woke up at 5:00am for our trip to the appointment. She did well considering I fed her at 11:00 pm the night before. She's usually up at 6:30 like clockwork ready for her morning cup of joe (or bottle). After about 2 hours of waiting the nurse came, grabbed her up and took her back. Matt left to get breakfast for us and before he got back, they were done! We waited in the recovery area for about an hour and Sarabeth finally went to sleep. When they first brought her to us she was still coming out of the anesthesia and was not a happy camper. Daddy did his magic and calmed her down. It was tough on our hearts, but she is doing well so far. Here are some fun pictures from our 4 hour adventure:
Waiting in the patient area for the nurse to come

Yeah, buttons! We love buttons!
In recovery with Daddy

Ok, this one!

In recovery with Daddy


By the next day, Sarabeth was back to normal. I took her to the park to scope out a birthday part spot (coming soon!) She wanted out of the stroller immediately so I let her play around and get good and dirty. She was fascinated by everything on the ground. She grabbed and tasted whatever she could get her hands on. I don't think she liked the pine cone, although she did bring the stick home with her.
Ok, this one!






Comments
Try not to worry about the surgery. You'll do fine and God is with you! We'll all be praying for you. I'm glad to hear that Sarabeth is doing well!
Hope all goes well with your tonsils! I didn't know you were getting them out. Let us know if you need anything.
I have been praying for your tonsil surgery all week and I will be calling Matt tomorrow night to check in on you (I'm pretty sure you won't feel like talking :)
I know your surgery will go great-do exactly what the doctor and your good friend Katie tells you :)
I do so hope your surgery went well and we will talk to you when you get back on your feet!