Peace

I snapped this picture of SB today after our very HOT trip to WM. It's not even really summer yet and the heat is almost unbearable for me! Little miss was super tired and passed out with french fry in hand. She looked so peaceful I didn't want to move her, however I know that in this state, I can move her anywhere and she won't wake up. She's so pliable. It started me thinking about the state of peace and what that means. Recently I have been studying the book of John. Jesus is talking to his disciples and says "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
I was thinking of how true peace comes from Jesus only. Sure, I may have a quiet moment during nap time but is that really peace? I think what Jesus is talking about here is not a quiet time or a nice bath but a peaceful heart. The word 'peace' in this passage is talking about the tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ. Now, that's peace! Aren't we so much more easily moved by Christ when we have peace in Him. When we know our Father and accept Him and what he has done for us, it gives us security in our future with him. Aren't we so much more pliable ourselves when we are peaceful? God could pick us up and move us anywhere-just like a sleeping child.
It's so easy for me to get worked up over things I have no control over, instead of just resting in the peace that is my Father and see what great things he has in store for me.
Comments