My 1st Mothers Day!

What a joy to be a mom. Yesterday was like having another birthday this year. Matt was so sweet and spent the day Saturday with Sarabeth while I slept, a lot! He managed to secretly make me a flower box for outside my kitchen window. I woke up to this on Sunday morning: (please excuse the bad roots, not to mention the dirty hair)The card says "mommy" and you can see the flower box in the crib (no babies were harmed during the taking of this picture)

We had a great day at church and then spent the afternoon buying flowers to plant in my new window box and in the front beds.

I told Matt a few weeks ago that I would like to plant some flowers for Mother's Day. What I meant was I wanted flowers planted for Mother's Day...oops! So what was meant to be a family affair soon turned into a one man show:We, I mean Matt stayed up very late and only made it through a few plants. Poor thing! I will have some completed pictures later this week.

I really did enjoy my day, better than any birthday or holiday. Being a mom is such a joy and having a day all to myself is priceless!

Comments

Cheryl said…
Happy Mother's Day - glad it was relaxing and peaceful for you! You are a great Mother! Sarabeth is blessed to have you!

Popular posts from this blog

Three

Garland Party