Forever Pregnant

OK, so no belly pictures for fear of an early Halloween scare, however I do have some baby news. Looks like I could possibly carry this stubborn baby until November! At my appointment today, my dr. informed me that I was not ready (physically) to deliver this child. Apparently I am not effaced yet, which is where your cervix thins out before dilation even begins. So...at my next appointment on Thursday I will be 40 weeks and a few days. My dr. will do an ultrasound and IF the baby is measuring over 8 lbs AND I am dilated beyond a 2, she will admit me to be induced. If not, then I will just have to wait until this baby decides to come on her own, which my dr. informed me could be a week after my due date-Halloween. I did inform her that I was not interested in having a Halloween baby and she understood, therefore letting me know it's perfectly ok to go a few days past and have her on the 1st or 2nd. What?? Are you kidding me? Lady, have you seen my feet? Not to mention I feel handicapped because I can't even shut my car door when I get in. I have to put the car in reverse and slam on the brakes so the door will come far enough back where I can grab it and shut it! I know, you wish you were my next door neighbor. Anyway, so here I sit, just waiting. I wish baby Landes knew how much we are anticipating her arrival. I have 4 outfits for her all packed ready for her to pick out and come home in. Her car seat is installed, stroller and swing are put together and her cradle is so cute with the new sheets on it and a new mobile I just bought her that plays "You are my sunshine" I mean, come on. Who wouldn't want to come out and meet US! Her daddy has been working overtime all week just in case she comes soon, he will be caught up at work. Baby Landes, you are putting a kink in our well planned out delivery of your arrival and making mommy feel like she'll be pregnant forever!

Comments

Kelly said…
Don't worry - that was how I was w/my first and I went into labor on my due date andhad her the next day. There's still hope!! And yes, I wish I could see the car thing...
Gabe said…
Y'all are not alone in wishing she would arrive! We're real excited about the new niece! You're in our prayers - keep us posted!
Bonnie said…
For some reason this post made me very emotional. The rest of your life is about to become in just a few days. We are so blessed to be trusted with precious little lives. I am so excited for you, and I can't wait to meet her!
Cheryl said…
I had a mighty laugh at your car door story. I know how you feel. You get down to the last days and think you will indeed always be pregnant. No worries. God's timing is PERFECT!! Praying for you!!
callie said…
Aww April. Sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping to hear. Baby is just giving you a glimpse of how she's going to run the show from now on:). Can't wait to see y'all Saturday!
Chad and Sarah said…
Okay, here is the trick...grab the door close to the hinge and pull real quick. The door should swing enough for you to grab the door handle so you can shut it. Honda's are tricky when you have 50 extra pounds!
Chattyb said…
Yes, I'm ready, too. I am caught up on my laundry. Don has enough clean underwear and socks to last for two weeks. I have washed everything I want to bring to Houston and am wearing total "rejects." (Yeah, I know, Kids. Everything in my wardrobe is a reject.) If SHE doesn't come soon, I'll have to do laundry again. Bummer!
Cheryl said…
Check out that ticker - 40 weeks pregnant!!! That sweet baby girl is coming soon!! Hang in there!!

Popular posts from this blog