Trick or Treat...

Treat, for sure! Yes it is 4:00 a.m. on Halloween morning. I couldn't sleep so I decided to balance the check book...what a weirdo I am. Actually, I have this problem with leaving anything undone when I know I'm about to be gone for any length of time. Kind of like when we go out of town for something I have to have the entire house cleaned and organized. I am hoping the birth of my child will calm me down some. Speaking of, today we will be making our debut at the Woodlands Memorial Hermann Hospital at 7pm. Here is where we will be if you'd like to come visit us over the next few days. I am anticipating nothing so that I'm not disappointed when what was in my head doesn't happen. I've already been there, done that!
I am nervous and anxious but overjoyed when I think about holding that little baby girl in my arms. I never dreamed of being a mom. Matter of fact, Matt and I butted heads during the first few years of marriage because I was unsure I even wanted kids. I guess watching my family grow up and seeing how tough it was, I never wanted the stress or liability that comes with motherhood. However, God changed my heart one day and filled me with a huge desire to be nothing more that a great mom. Matt would ask me what I really wanted out of life and all I could say was I wanted to leave this earth with my kids saying, "my mom was the best mom in the world". That to me, would be enough. To leave a legacy like no other for my children. I never imagined I would actually have the chance to prove that, but now I will. As I sit here and think about the next 24-48 hours, I am overwhelmed by the idea that I soon will be responsible for taking care of a precious little life that God has sent especially for us. Wow! What a job to have. I wonder how I ever passed the interview for this one! I'm sure I will be filled with all sorts of emotions over the next few days. I'll try to post as much as I can and of course post a picture of our new baby girl as soon as she arrives. Stay tuned, and keep praying.

Comments

Cheryl said…
Wow April, I have tears in my eyes reading this as I recall exactly how you are feeling right now. I still feel in awe sometimes that God has allowed me the privilege of being a mother to Isaac and Julia. You will be a wonderful mother to your darling daughter. I am praying for. Keep in touch and let us know when our sweet niece arrives!!
Kelly said…
Good luck tonight. I'll be thinking of you. Your life is about to change completely - and for the better!
Anonymous said…
Woo hoo! I am so excited for yall today and prayed for you last night that God would bless you with the delivery you want to have...and an easy one at that! You two are going to be amazing parents and such a blessing in this little girl's life. We can't wait to meet her...we plan on coming by tomorrow or Friday evening. We love yall!!
Unknown said…
I will pray that everything will go well today. I'm so happy for you guys.

Popular posts from this blog