Baby Nursery-Help!

I have no idea why, but this time I am stressing out about how to decorate the new baby's nursery. With Sarabeth, we didn't have a lot of options since we were in a smaller place and would be moving within 2 months after she was born. I didn't do much in her room, we didn't even put up her crib until we moved. This time we have plenty of space and are planning on staying put for a while. So here lies the dilemma. What should I do for crib bedding. We want something bright, not muted-which is hard to find in boy's bedding. Most everything is tan and light blue, blah. We originally thought we would do an outdoors theme, but couldn't find anything that we liked. We then decided on some cute sports themed bedding. Matt played college football and his dad was his coach so football runs in the blood around here. We thought it would be fun to decorate with Matt's jerseys and some of his dad's football paraphernalia from his coaching days. Then I found this cute bedding and thought if we did this, we could do whatever theme we wanted since it's neutral! My thought was a fishing/outdoor cabin theme. Help! Now I can't decide and I want to nail down something so I can start looking for things to decorate with. What do you think?

Comments

Lindsay said…
I love both ideas...there are so many fun things you could do! I do like the fishing/outdoor b/c it's a little more unique. You can paint a fun canvas with a scripture about being "fishers of men" or something...I got the idea to paint a canvas like that from Jaime...and it's one of my favorite thing's in J's room...and so cheap. She has hers hung with fun little thingies she got from pottery barn. You could somehow incorporate a net into the decor...and I'm an expert PAINTER now, so I could help, ha! Seriously, though.
M & M said…
I love the neutral one because it is so versatile--even to a toddler if he wants a different theme then.
Cheryl said…
I vote for the neutral bedding as well. I like the colors on that bedding better than the sports themed one. I also like the fishing/outdoors theme. I think you could do a lot with that. Whatever you do it will be awesome. You are such a wonderful decorator. Have fun!
I'm agree with Lindsay about unique and Margaret about versatile.
Leigh Ehrhardt said…
I love all things plaid, so the more neutral one gets my vote! It would be a good base for any theme.
Anonymous said…
I like the bedding you found! We just found ours too. I was kinda in the same boat as you - I couldn't figure out how to decorate the girls room because I'm tired of Ellie's bedding.
I would have to go with the neutral and lean toward a cabin/fishing theme. That's unique and the bedding could still be used if you do a different theme later on... :)

Popular posts from this blog