We Made It!
We arrived at Memorial Hermann last night about 7:30 pm. Matt left and went to Chili's to get me my "last meal". I had chicken crispers...my favorite! The doctor started me on something to start softening my cervix. I also have an IV with glucose since I'm not allowed to eat after 12. I have a fetal monitor, contraction monitor, and a blood pressure cuff! It is an act of congress to go to the ladies room which is only 4 steps from my bed. It was a very long night. Neither Matt nor I slept at all. OF course I started contractions right away and the medicine didn't help. I had the sweetest nurse on call last night, Kristi! She gave me 2 different kinds of sleeping medicine, neither of which worked. The contractions were getting stronger and closer together so she called the doc and had the medicine stopped for an hour while I could get some rest. At 6:45 Nurse Kristi started to Pitocin and informed me that I was 2cm dilated and 100% effaced, finally! Progress! I ordered for my epidural right away, the contractions were making me physically ill, I was throwing up! They made Matt leave for this part :( The anesthesiologist had to poke me 2 times to get the needle in and then once he threaded the tube, I could here it pop between my spine!! It was much better than the pain of the 18 gauge needle that is in my arm however!
So now I am completely numb from the waist down and loving every minute of it! I don't know how I ever thought I could be super woman and go without. Kudos to those of you that can! So we are are playing the waiting game again. She should be delivered sometime around 3pm we are guessing. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted. Time for a nap before the real work gets here!
So now I am completely numb from the waist down and loving every minute of it! I don't know how I ever thought I could be super woman and go without. Kudos to those of you that can! So we are are playing the waiting game again. She should be delivered sometime around 3pm we are guessing. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted. Time for a nap before the real work gets here!
Comments